Oh, number nine, you are so fine.
Today is September 9th, 2009. The ninth day of the ninth month of the year. Or 09/09/09.
So, I really don’t have time to be posting this. I’m going absolutely bonkers getting the posters together for the conference. But 9 is my favorite number, and having posted 7 movies on 7/7/7 and 8 things on 8/8/8 it bothers me not to put up my 9s. Plus I’ve actually had scraps of this post drafted for 2 years. So, let’s see if I can spare a few minutes (9 perhaps?) to get this post up.
A list of 9 things:
- Revolution #9: A song by the Beatles “number nine…number nine”
- “9 times.” A quote from Ferris Bueller. Refers to the number of time Ferris was absent from school.
- nine circles: Hell has them. Not actually sure much about it, and I don’t have time to look. Something to do with Dante. Anyone want to enlighten me?
- The Ninth Gate (1999): A thriller starring Johnny Depp.
- nine lives: it’s said that cats have nine lives, perhaps because they seem to be able to survive rather extraodinary predicaments.
- The word for “nine” in French is also a word for new. , 9 = neuf = new.
- dressed to the nines: an expression meaning “really dressed up.”
- cloud nine: a good place to be. When I finish these posters for the conference, I will be on cloud nine.
- And one of the coolest things about the number 9 has to do with math. Have you ever noticed that the digits of any multiple of 9 add up to 9, or to another multiple of 9, the digits of which also will then add up to 9?
9 x 3 = 27 and 2 + 7 = 9
9 x 5 = 45 and 4 +5 = 9
9 x 273892 = 2465028 and 2 + 4 + 6 + 5 + 0 + 2 + 8 = 27 (and 2 + 7 = 9)
How cool is that?
For more than 9 other things about 9, the 9 wiki page is dressed to the nines.
Now I’d best get back to my work before it’s too late. A stitch in time, and all that.